RE: slightly OT, opinions on selling game with red Amplifone

From: Dave Langley <robotron_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue Jul 11 2006 - 15:04:09 EDT

At 02:05 pm 11 07 2006, you wrote:
>I know a few people have mentioned having a working red
>before. What's been your experience? If you got one working, has
>it stayed working? This is my only working red I've ever had
>experience with, and sometimes I think I got the speck of gold in
>the pile of sand. Thoughts anyone? If you think it's too much off
>topic, please respond privately. Thanks,

I had a red that worked for a while, then one day the game was
powered up and it suffered a major failure burning a hole in the HV
PCB. The house had a very nasty smell of burnt out transformer for
weeks after that :o(

I had intended to fit a dedicated fan for it but didn't get round to
it. I will next time!

Dave Langley
www.robotron-2084.co.uk