Re: Help with Dead Gravitar Board

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_askey.org>
Date: Sat Jul 22 2006 - 02:47:33 EDT

First make sure that your processor has a valid clock signal (look at
with an o-scope or logic probe). Then make sure that the reset line is
properly going low and then staying high after powerup. Make sure the
reset line does not pulse. That means that the watchdog circuit is
barking and means that you have an issue with the main address decoder,
adddress line buffers or data buffers. Actually, you need at least one
ROM working as well (look in the manual for the ROM that is required for
self test to work).

If the board is old, then your crystal may be damaged, it is common for
them to get beat up and broken. It is the little metal can. They cost
like a buck and you won't have a valid clock signal if it is jacked up. :-)

check that out if you can and report back.

jess