Re: WG 6100 Right Half Deflection Collapse

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_askey.org>
Date: Sun Jul 30 2006 - 20:03:26 EDT

I would switch the X and Y inputs between the game PCB and the monitor
to see if the collapse changes to the other axis... if so, then the
issue is on the game PCB (unlikely). If the collapse is on the same
axis, the issue is on the monitor.

A transistor may be open (and most likely is if you aren't blowing
fuses) so it won't show a short if that was what you were looking for
with the meter. Pull the deflection PCB, make sure all the molex
connectors have goos solder joints, I would suck and re-solder all of
them anyway as they all have problems eventually. See if you still have
an issue... if so, report back. :-)