FS: Vectrex w/games

From: Joe Magiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Sat Aug 05 2006 - 15:06:01 EDT

FS in Evanston IL (local pick up welcome).

Berzerk cartridge in box with overlay, no instructions

Armor Attack overlay

Hyper Chase in box with overlay and instructions

Clean Sweep in box with overlay and instructions

Star Trek in box with overlay and instructions

Rip Off in box with overlay and instructions

All boxes have the plastic insert included.

A vectrex unit, with the one controller that attaches to the unit. The unit
turns on to Mine Field and the joystick works. The 1 button starts the
game, appears to work. The 2 button goes into hyperspace, appears to work.
The 3 button thrusts, appears to work. The 4 button shoots, appears to
work.

I tried one of the games in the unit and it appears to work. The monitor
looks clear and bright with no burn in.

The problem I note is that after being left on for a while, 30 minutes or
so, the screen goes off. I asked a vendor from Ohio at a console show one
time about this and he said it's a power supply issue. He said that there
are no printed schematics for it, but he does fix them (for $75 at the time,
a couple years ago). Sounds like a scam to me.

The unit itself isn't too bad looking, used and a little dirty, but not too
bad. The game boxes are definitely worn.

I paid $100 for it. I'd like to get that, plus shipping (estimating $15 by
Fed Ex Ground). If interested, please contact me off list. Thanks,

Joe

joemagiera@ameritech.net