Re: WG 6102

From: Malcolm Mackenzie <maxstang_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun Aug 13 2006 - 16:52:01 EDT

Since you've tried everything else I'll venture a guess. A friend of mine has had several 6100 monitors fail due a overheated wire that is located under the tube plug on the neck board. Do you have an extra neck board you can switch out? -Malcolm

Scott Caldwell <scottcaldwell@sbcglobal.net> wrote: I completely replaced the long, red plug and pins that goes
onto P900 on the HV PCB, but no change. Inspected the wires
under the boots and mine are the slide on variety, but they
were nice, tight and clean. Replaced the one side of the
two-pin molex plug in the HV (controls brightness and focus)
and one of the pins, but still no change. Cleaned the
grounding pins that connect the above parts to the monitor
frame, but no change.

I also tried playing with the HV cutoff pot, but that also
didn't help.

Scott C.

======

peter jones wrote:
i still suspect the plugs,
but you need a plastic or glass rod so you can prod stuff while it's running.

and pull the gray rubber boots off of the focus assembly and check the connections under them - i had one where the wire broke off under the boot.