vector monitor project help

From: Joseph Magiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Wed Aug 23 2006 - 13:35:55 EDT

A friend of mine (not on this list) is working on a vector monitor testing project. If it works out, I will certainly let the group know with pictures. Can some people that either have manuals handy and or a game that uses them or just know for "absolutely sure" provide a little info?

  1) Is the connector for the G08_105 monitor used in Cosmic Chasm, the same exact size and shape as the connector for a regular G08 monitor? Are they pin compatable? If they are different, could someone please send me a good clear close up pic, with a ruler along side it?
  2) Is the connector for the WG6401 monitor used in Aztarac, the exact same size and shape as the connector for a regular WG6101 or Ampliphone monitor? Are they pin compatable? If they are different, could someone please send me a good clear close up pic, with a ruler along side it?
  3) IIRC, the voltages for G08, G08_105, WG6101, and WG6401 are all slightly different. Does anyone have the manuals handy to provide the specificed voltages for the G08_105 and the WG6401?
  4) I know the monitors used in Lunar Lander (and early Asteroids and Battlezones), the G05_801 I believe, were a little different that the later series b/w vector monitors. I believe the connector was the same, but some of the pins were reversed because the voltages from the early monitors were different than the later montiors. Can someone please confirm the voltages from the early series monitor?

  I don't have access to the manuals right now and some other parts I should have are basically "inaccessible", so the help will be much appreciated. If this works, it would be pretty cool! Thanks,

Joe
  joemagiera@ameritech.net