Re: OT: Serial Number Registry...

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_askey.org>
Date: Fri Aug 25 2006 - 10:08:30 EDT

It definitely wasn't Gamearchive... I can't remember seeing one but I
have been out of the loop for a while now. the site that James has at
ggdb is quite nice and I don't want to step on his nice work so I
probabaly wont do anything... however... the suggestion that Oll had
about letting people register 'parts' etc with serial numbers on them is
a key thing that I did with the Pinball DB so that indeed you might have
a chance of finding matching PCB's for your game as the DB grows. I have
yet to match parts with games on my site yet tho. I also have the
ability for a single serial number to be registered multiple times over
time showing the owner history of a game. I think I only have a couple
games registered that have had more than one owner but it is neat to see.

jess