Re: Re: Obscure Battlezone AVG board fault

From: Phil Morris <arcaderelics_at_irongiant.org.uk>
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 11:24:30 EDT

At 19:10 29/08/2006 +0400, you wrote:

>stray capacitance on one or more of the addresslines causeing delayed
>transitions,
>good luck finding the cause.

Oh dear, sounds like a pain in the proverbials.

Any clues on how I could go about tracking this down or somehow bypassing it?

Replace all ICs that directly connect to the address lines?

As it's only exhibiting itself during Fluke tests and can then be
circumvented by grounding the watchdog disable point it doesn't sound like
that big a deal, BUT I have a feeling that it might well also cause random
problems during 'normal' (ie non-Fluke) operation ..........

Thanks
Phil