Re: Semi-OT request for WAV files

From: Matthew Rossiter <rossiter_at_ni.net>
Date: Fri Sep 15 2006 - 16:14:25 EDT

I use Audacity. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ It's absolutely free.

It's Awesome because you can remove unwanted noise such as AC hum. You can
amplify, add bass/treble and all kinds of neat stuff. Just take a sample of
the game with no sound enabled so you only get the speaker hum. Then you
can remove it later after taking the game sound samples.

I just take a normal stereo cable with the proper headphone jack, splice off
the L/R ends and hook them to the sound source. Usually I pull off the
speaker wires from the game and connect them to those.

Maybe someone has a better method, but I've submitted a few sound samples to
the Mame team that they've been happy with.

Matt