Rom image file type question

From: Cameron Rector <crector_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Sat Sep 16 2006 - 21:52:26 EDT

I thank everyone for all the help so far.............
  I have set up my programmer and have it talking to the computer. I have erased and programed a sample eprom and everything seams to work just fine.
  Now, I am moving to the next step and I don't understand a couple of things.

  1. When I upload the old eprom into ram and then copy ram to hard drive, my file size is 43k or so. When I look at my new rom image it is only 4.096k. I assume I am saving the information in the wrong format or something. Maybe someone could help me understand what I am doing wrong.

  2. I am going to research sumcheck, because I am not sure what I should or shouldn't see for a sumcheck number.

  3. After copying the eprom to ram my "verify" fails. is this because I need to write "zeros" to ram before I download the eprom to ram?

  I am sorry for the novice questions, I am reading every night and practicing what I learn during the day, but I just need to learn more and more and more......

  Thanks for all the help so far and I really do appreciate it.
  Cameron