Re: Dead Red continued

From: Mark Shostak <shostak_at_cinelabs.com>
Date: Mon Oct 02 2006 - 12:09:08 EDT

Simon,

It's worth the extra time to get this right. I'm not sure what you meant
when you said it all looks good, but this has been going
on for a long time, so lets not cut corners now.

The part needs to have the correct (or at least close) B+, focus and HV,
and needs to be a drop in replacement.

And it should be centered at 24KHz. This is what was spec'ed, and what they
need to deliver.

As you pointed out, it's right on the edge of the range. Plus, I'm sure
if you're getting 22KV at 30KHz, that when you drop to the normal freq,
your anode voltage is way too high. This makes me uncomfortable, as I
don't want customers to get their dental x-rays from their SW game!
I suspect you couldn't get it down to 19.5KV at your highest osc freq.

I know the feeling well, of "is it close enough to ship", but in my
estimation, they're not finished yet.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,
-Mark