Re[2]: Still having eprom troubles (looking for a programmer now)

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Mon Oct 02 2006 - 18:36:57 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: MKDUD@aol.com
To: vectorlist@vectorlist.org
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 17:20:40 EDT
Subject: Re: VECTOR: Still having eprom troubles (looking for a programmer now)

> In a message dated 10/2/2006 4:52:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> ksumrall@pacbell.net writes:
>
> Luckily, I have access to a TopMax, so I think I'll stick with my Willem for
> now, and borrow the TopMax when I need to burn PROMs.
>

> I have a TopMax, and would definately reccomend it if you are going to use
> it more than occasionally. Not cheap, but I like it the best.
>
> -MK

lets push this subject sideways a little bit, and talk about the software.

i have an Elan-5000 standalone with some crude dos-looking soft that is nothing more than a serial terminal,
and an ICE-Technologies micromaster-1000 that uses dos-based software to run it through the parallel-port.

neither of them will work in Linux, and although i wont touch it, i suspect XP wont work with the ICE either because it uses the Parallel port directly.

what is the software like on everybody elses programmers?