RE: Star Wars troubles

From: Joel Rosenzweig <joel.rosenzweig_at_verizon.net>
Date: Fri Oct 06 2006 - 17:54:52 EDT

The yoke sends an analog voltage (0 to 5V) to an analog to digital
converter. Make sure you see the full voltage swing at the input to the
ADC, and if you are so equipped, take a look at the digital value that the
DAC outputs. You can do this by checking each output line with your volt
meter or oscilloscope. You should see the values increase / decrease as you
move the yoke from stop to stop. Make sure none of the bits are stuck.

Does the cursor snap back to one extreme at the half way point? Or does it
simply get to the half way point and then stop moving as you continue to
move the yoke? If it snaps back, you have a stuck output bit.

Joel-