Re: Re[2]: AVG State Machine PROM Image

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun Oct 08 2006 - 01:43:59 EDT

At 9:24 AM +0400 10/8/06, peter jones wrote:
> [...]

Hmm, I wonder what else one could use to replace the PROM - remember
he can't burn the replacement - perhaps. I can visualize some small
metal toroids that hold a magnetic field, if you were to pass some
current through the middle you might be able to flip the field! Then
you might be able to read it with a weak pulse that is almost enough,
but not quite to flip the field again and you would then have
permanent memory - as long as you kept it away from stray field flux.
Some simply transistor amplifiers and other logic...might well work
to replace the PROM! A home made PROM - truly useful...

John :-#)#

                  www.flippers.com