Re: Re[2]: AVG State Machine PROM Image

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Sun Oct 08 2006 - 21:13:00 EDT

On Sun, 8 Oct 2006, Jess Askey wrote:

> Wordstar (a really old DOS 'word processor') too. Sad, but true. ;-)

That should be "A wonderful CP/M word processor, with a 'non-docuument'
mode so it could double as a programmer's editor, that was ported to the
TRS-80, Apple ][, and eventually DOS."

:-)

The WordStar command set became a defacto standard, with many editors
emulating them, including if I remember correclty the Borland Turbo series.
I still use a text editor on Unix (joe) that uses the Wordstar command set.

Some nut-jobs actualy make a WordStar command emulator for Word.
http://www.wordstar.org/wsemu/word/pages/index.htm

When I left the comforts of my TRS-80 Basic and it's line editor, and had to
learn a new text editor, I swore I would never go through that again. It
appears there are enough other nut-jobs in the world besides me to not only
keep my Vector games working, but to keep me from ever having to learn a new
text editor again.

:-)

-Chris