Re: Star Wars movement problem update and other questions

From: Matt J. McCullar <mccullar_at_flash.net>
Date: Thu Oct 12 2006 - 22:55:46 EDT

  Couple other questions. Why does Star Wars have dip switch settings for number of shields, and game difficulty and a few other items, yet it appears you can also set those options via self test procedures? Which takes precedence, the dips or the self test?

  Also, any ideas why, if I use the dips to set the game to free play, it doesn't recognize it? It continues to show "1 coin 1 play". The game plays normally and passes all self tests. The display of the dip switches via self test matches their physical setting. Any ideas anyone? Free play is one item you can't set via self test.

  Thanks,

  Joe

  joemagiera@ameritech.net

  I think it was designed to refer to the NOVRAM (non-volatile RAM) first for game settings, and if for some reason that didn't work, it then refers to the DIP switches.