Hyperspace - YAAC - Yet Another Asteroids Clone

From: Andreas Kraemer <andi_kraemer_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sun Oct 15 2006 - 08:14:00 EDT

Hi,

today I've dumped the ROMS of HYPERSPACE, an Asteroids Clone that has been found in January this year in Belgium/Europe. The ROMs are identical to the Atari Rev.01 ROMs except for the Vector ROM. Instead of "ASTEROIDS BY ATARI" it states "HYPERSPACE U GAMES". The origin of the complete cab and PCB seems to be Italian. The monitor is a Hantarex MTRV XY monitor, very common for XY clones at this time in Europe. The cab is pretty nice for a clone and very different from Atari's original. The PCB is largely a copy of the Atari PCB. It has no solder mask and all discrete components are soldered by hand from the components side, strange. The CPU PCB has just the name "HYPERSAPCE" and no indication of a company. Also there is no AR1 board, of course, but a different PCB with voltage Regulators. The bottom of the Cab contains two transformers, one for the game pcb and one for the monitor.

More details are here...
http://www.andysarcade.de/hyperspace.html

ROMs are here...
http://www.andysarcade.de/data/coinop/videogames/vectorgames/hyperspace/hyperspace.zip

I would be greatly interested in any information of the manufacturer of the cab and/or PCB. Any italian collector who knows more?

Regards,
Andreas