Re: So has anyone seen this?

From: <mlists_at_zonn.com>
Date: Sat Oct 28 2006 - 22:48:21 EDT

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 21:29:20 -0400 (EDT), "Christopher X. Candreva"
<chris@westnet.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 28 Oct 2006, mlists@zonn.com wrote:
>
>> Looks like a standard flyback to me! It would take an op-amp or a UA723 and
>> very little circuitry to regulate this if the secondary voltage taps were
>> available on the flyback.
>
>I would lay odds that the Ramsey guys could be convinced to make a kit if a
>half-way reasonable market could be shown. Or if anyone there owns a Star
>Wars.
>
>It would be worth at least asking if they thought their design could be
>modded to that.

I found the user manual for the thing online. It turns out they went through a
bit of trouble to find a flyback transformer that does *not* have a built in HV
diode, unfortunately that makes this thing a little less useful. You'd have to
add a HV diode to the output.

It also doesn't have a focus voltage tap. Ramsey doesn't include the schematics
in their online manuals, but they do have a picture of the PCB.

You'd need some way of coming up with the other voltages. It's becoming much
less useful as an HV replacement.

-Zonn