RE: Battlezone Supercharger by Clay Cowgil Status

From: Malcolm Mackenzie <maxstang_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu Nov 09 2006 - 17:21:19 EST

Darn! I was thinking that would be a great addition to Battlezone. There are so many of us who love that game. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you get it done. -Malcolm

  PS...Can I order another Multi-Williams yet?

Clay Cowgill <c.cowgill@comcast.net> wrote:
> So I'm wondering if anyone knows the status of this. I just picked up
> a BEAUTIFUL Battlezone and I'd love to upgrade it with a highscore
> save kit, but I'm willing to wait for Clay's kit if it will be available soon.

  Don't wait for me. ;-)

  The kit has actually been 'done' for years (I ran it in the Battlezone machine I kept at work for well over a year), but my time has just been too scarce to add any 'new' products. I also wanted to do some more work on the software tweaks for the game variations... I'm thinking I'll get around to that about the time I retire. :-P

  -Clay

  P.S. I do remember one bug I didn't get fixed-- I wasn't setting the 'window' area properly (MAME didn't seem to emulate that back when I last used it) so the display would sort of 'melt' at the top of the screen and hide my menu system logo...