Cinematronics/Vectorbeam conversion adapters?

From: Joseph Magiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Fri Dec 08 2006 - 15:51:21 EST

Has anyone here ever successfully made an adapter that would convert the plug of a Cinematronics monitor into a Vectorbeam monitor (and vice versa)? A friend of mine not on this list, but one of the better Cine monitor repair guys I know says that in theory, it should be straightforward and easy, but he's tried is a couple of times and each time has blown his monitor. Hmmm...maybe he's not as good of a Cine monitor repair guy as I've been lead to believe. ;^)

  Anyway, has anyone ever done this? Any tricks to know? I've never seen a Vectorbeam monitor, but he told me one monitor is a 6 pin connector and the other is a 7 pin connector, and the extra pin is just an additional ground.

  Thoughts? Comments? Thanks,

  Joe
  joemagiera@ameritech.net