G08 Star Trek with no HV

From: Jeff Klammer <jeffklam_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Dec 29 2006 - 18:28:57 EST

Greetings. I just acquired a Star Trek with no picture on the G08
monitor. You can play the game blind and with the back cover off, you
can hear vector chatter. The high voltage doesn't seem to be coming
on. Here's the voltage readings on the 10 pin to the HV board.

1. Approx +2.4VDC
2. No voltage
3. -9VDC
4. +9VDC
5. GND
6. GND
7. No Voltage
8. 118VDC
9.
10. No Voltage

I've done some initial troubleshooting on the G08 chassis (installed
Bob Roberts kit), but I don't find any bad parts yet. Can I assume
that no voltage on pin 2 means that the problem is in the X part of
the deflection board? This is my first time troubleshooting a vector
monitor. I'm hoping to find someone in MN with a good Star Trek or
G08 vector game so I can narrow down the problem to the Star Trek
hardware or the G08.

I have read all of the archives and found one similar problem from
Dec. 27 of 2005, but it looks like that problem was never solved (or
at least never posted a solution). I've posted this on vaps.org
also, but so far have not found the solution. I should have my scope
up and running in a week or so which may also help troubleshoot.

Thanks,
Jeff Klammer