Tube Transplant

From: <eyeamnomad_at_excite.com>
Date: Fri Mar 23 2007 - 14:05:35 EDT

 Someone is working on some G08-003 boards for me, and I hope to have a couple of working sets. However, I have one good tube and one bad tube.I have a WG6100 monitor that I have no use for, so I was thinking of taking the 19VLUP22 tube -- both monitors use the same tube -- out of the 6100 and putting it in the G08 chassis. How feasible is this? I searched vectorlist, but can't find a ready guide for this task. If anyone has done anything like this, please respond.By the way, Richardson Electronics does not sell 19VLUP22 tubes anymore. They will only repair old ones, for $175. In my case, the phosphors got cooked, which can't be fixed. -Scott