Re: Hello World

From: Graham Toal <gtoal_at_gtoal.com>
Date: Wed Apr 04 2007 - 23:28:33 EDT

On 4/4/07, Mark Jenison <jenison@enteract.com> wrote:

> #include <g80.h>
>
> int main()
> {
> int x = 800;
> int y = 1100;
> init_vectors();
> set_font(standard_font);
> vprintf(x,y,"HELLO WORLD");
> for(;;)
> {
> wait_vblank_noint();
> }
>
> http://www.enteract.com/~jenison/mars/pics/svdk.jpg
>
> Now to burn an EPROM and see how that goes...

I started (but didn't finish) a clone of Tailgunner in C some years
ago - there's a lot in the code that's usable which you can steal
for a demo program if you want to. Just delete the opengl stuff
and the code that rasterizes a vector. I was testing it on a
raster display with the intention of running it on a Vectrex, but
I kept hitting C compiler bugs.

Code's here if you want it:

 http://www.gtoal.com/athome/tailgunner/spacegame/newgame.c

The other code in that directory is another prototype of a vector
game written by a friend of mine some years ago. It was going
to be something like Elite in vector format eventually.

Both or either sets of code probably have a chance of running
on a z80. I think we both used small integer arithmetic everywhere
in the classic style.

Graham