Re: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: VECTOR:Re[2]: Re[2]: 6100

From: andre <livnfree_can_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Apr 07 2007 - 12:12:17 EDT

It is used in ArcadeShops repro high voltage units...
Steven is quick to sell you the stuff, but you don't
get a peep if something goes wrong. His high voltage
repro's are ones he got returned mainly because people
didn't heatsink 2 of the parts to the case (very poor
pcb design..put them heatsinked so screws have to go
between the cage and the monitor frame on the back..I
mean if you are re-designing this pcb why not consider
placement of these things..). Anyways on both you can
see the mosfet damaged so he throws in 2 new ones and
sends them out...just guessing thats the problem,
which is probably correct.
Anyways, not sure what happened but one of them
literally exploded when I hooked it up the first
time..maybe a shard of aluminum grounded it..anyways,
reamed out the mounting hole and used mica/plastic on
second one and works fine but because he won't respond
to emails on it, I have to buy a replacement myself.
Just asked simply what the rating was for a
replacement and no reply.
It has one face IRF620 I*R 9404 2R 3W.. So I
assume 3 watts, but Digikey doesn't have anything
other than 5.2 or 6 watt versions...this is one of
those cases where I don't have the knowledge to say
'bigger is better' and get the 6watt which I would
assume the most durable part on the surface.
Thanks