Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: 6100

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Sun Apr 08 2007 - 11:57:57 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: andre <livnfree_can@yahoo.com>
To: vectorlist@vectorlist.org
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 08:50:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: VECTOR: Re[2]: VECTOR: Re[2]: VECTOR: Re[2]: VECTOR: Re[2]: VECTOR: Re[2]: VECTOR: 6100

> so this is the part arcadeshop replaced with the
> irf620 I assume that 'popped' on me on their new
> board..I guess that was thier upgrade to that..

well the irf is a fet so they had to redesign the drive circuits too - they couldnt just drop one in.

the thing about fets, when they run the volt-drop is very low so you need much less heatsinking, and they can be very fast.
but - they are also very vulnerable if you stray over the specs - i see them explode is switching psu's all the time.
specially in plasma tv's.

the problem with fet's and the bu406 is that any fault in a related circuit will take them along for the ride.

a strong regular transistor like a bu508 will survive.
even discharging a tubes anode without a resistor can kill a fet.