Re: WG6100 no HV

From: Pinx <pinx.32_at_tesco.net>
Date: Mon Apr 09 2007 - 07:16:00 EDT

Hi Scott,

>I had a WG6102 doing something similar a number of months ago and
> it wound-up being cold solder

and this is exactly what my problem turned out to be. Getting the missus to
stand and watch the screen whilst i went around tapping the monitor frame
with the handle of an insulated screwdriver, tapping the HV cage would make
the image show for a second or so, so i removed the cage and gave the HV pcb
a close visual inspection using a linen tester (a left over from my days as
a lithographic printer) and this showed there was a very fine crack in the
solder on one of the pins on T901 that couldnt be seen with the naked eye, i
reflowed in new solder to all T901 pins and bingo, its alive and working.
Just to be on the safe side i reflowed all joints on every component that i
hadn't replaced, fitted the HV cage back in, adjusted the HV back down to
19kv as it was just a bit over 20kv and its been playing for well over two
hours solid now with no problems.
So easy to over look the obvious, but at least its had a bit of a birthday
component wise.

Thanx go to Mark, Scott and Simon for the advice, its days like these that
just go to show how handy the vectorlist is :O)

Pinx