Amplifone HV repair

From: simon <simonjhanlon_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Thu Apr 12 2007 - 16:14:46 EDT

I was repairing some Amplifone HV boards for a customer today. One had HV
voltage over 35KV...I fitted new...regulators, capacitors, transistors,
bu406d pretty much everything on the board and it still went into
protection. Turned out to be a bad value capacitor C8. Maybe useful for
someone to know one day.
Nearly all the HV boards I have had also had broken screen or focus wires
but held in place by the rubber boots.
If anyone is in need of an HV board with a god red and a spare replacement
transformer I will be listing one on Ebay tonight. The board is Green PCB
with no burn.