Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: Gravitar

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Sat Apr 14 2007 - 01:51:04 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: andre <livnfree_can@yahoo.com>
To: vectorlist@vectorlist.org
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:51:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: VECTOR: Re[2]: VECTOR: Re[2]: VECTOR: Re[2]: VECTOR: Re[2]: VECTOR: Gravitar

> One of the chips on my Bzone is a 2532 instead of 2516
> and has a wire to activate I guess one half of a
> double burned image. I have no 2516's so would like to
> do the same again.
>
> I have a Willem enhanced programmer

if that's the programmer with push-buttons & led's to replace the jumpers then you have a problem,
it has design faults.
there is a thread at willems forum where they looked at one.

what it comes down to is this:

never use 2716 setting, it has permanent vpp on it and can trash eproms your reading,
user the 2732 setting and then split the file in half to avoid this.

and you need to replace a transistor to use 24pin chips reliably.
the transistor that supply's the power to pin28 of the socket has a high voltdrop and needs to be replaced by something like a ztx650.