RE: Speaking of multigame, A/AD/LL?

From: Clay Cowgill <c.cowgill_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed Apr 18 2007 - 17:58:42 EDT

> http://www.twingalaxies.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2167

I can't remember, did we leave Scott's kit in the machine when Bill made
that run?

...and along the same lines:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8512

I got pulled into a discussion on some other forum about the same thing
recently (can't remember where it was) and I think Twin Galaxies stance now
is that they'll consider records from modified machines, but they'll still
be tracked separately from "originals". (so a high score on Asteroids with
Scott's kit in it would be valid, but only in the 'kit machine' category.)
Really, that's the only way to do it-- way too big of can of worms to open
up otherwise... (People trying to prove that patches make no actual runtime
differences, no funny business happening in programmable logic on the
boards, etc. Way too easy to cheat with a hacked board... ;-)

-Clay