WG6100 HV Unit Capactor C913 What's ZDF?

From: Malcolm Mackenzie <maxstang_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun Jul 01 2007 - 16:37:56 EDT

Ok...so I'm displaying my ignorance here. Rebuilding my HV unit and want to replace a burned disc capacitor at C913. The manual states it's a .001 micro farad type ZDF capacitor. Is that different than a regular ceramic disc capacitor? From my online reading the ZDF means that it operates at spec within a given temperature range for this marking. I have a NTE 1KV capaictor with the right capacitance, but it doesn't say anything about it's operating range. Can anyone enlighten me? -Malcolm