G08_003 vs. G08_105

From: Joe Magiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Wed Jul 18 2007 - 11:21:50 EDT

A buddy of mine is trying to test, trouble shoot and fix a couple of
G08_105's (Cosmic Chasm monitors). These monitors are plug compatible with
a regular G08_003. The specs are slightly different, see Hans compare cheat
sheet here:

http://www.wideopenwest.com/~hosvoll/XY_DATA.HTM

The differences though, look to be within tolerance of each other. He is
using that Benchmate monitor tester I found a while back for the testing
(sadly I don't have a working Cosmic Chasm to test with). The Benchmate
does not have the specific G08_105 voltages and signals, only the G08_003.
Still, shouldn't the G08_003 voltages and signals be enough to test and
display a picture on a G08_105?

I recall that Mark Jenison did somewhat of the reverse of this on his Cosmic
Chasm, putting in a regular G08_003. Mark, did you make any mods to
anything to get this to work?

What are people's thoughts, assuming the monitor is working, should we be
able to get a picture on a G08_105 when supplied with G08_003 voltages and
signals? If not, what can be done to get this to work?

Joe