Re: Amplifone HVT testing with just a multimeter ?

From: simon <simonjhanlon_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Sat Jul 21 2007 - 04:03:18 EDT

Open circuit between pin 1 and 9 or 2 and 9 would indicate primary coil is
bad. Open between 4 and 8 would indicate B+ is bad. If you know all the
other components that can fail (bu406d, the high voltage capacitor, and 24v
regulators) are good then something usually gets really hot when you try and
power the board up, usually the bu406d, 24v regulators and 50ohm resistors.
If you're testing it on the bench make sure you short the 2 pin connector
the usually connects to CRT ground, without that it will not run.