Re: Amplifone rebuild kit

From: MyPearl <mypearl_at_dds.nl>
Date: Fri Aug 10 2007 - 11:30:44 EDT

I never did fot the same obvius reason.

I also don't replace any transistors. They fail because of wrong use or
other bad components such as caps.

I have 4 vector monitors working very reliable and they all use the
original transistors.

If you need to replace the driver transistors of the endstages of the
amplifone, I found a nice replacement in the BDxxx series of transistors
available at a certain shop in the Hague. These are a direct drop-in
replacement in the exact same casing! The originals are very hard to come by
overhere. I'll have to look up the part no though.