Re: White Padding Behing Amp Boards

From: Andre Huijts <andre.huijts_at_wanadoo.nl>
Date: Sun Aug 12 2007 - 04:52:46 EDT

Most likely it's for heat protection. At least the white stuff. The
small pad in the middle is for keeping the PCB supported. I'll check
next time I visit my cab (hopefully today).

I wonder if these are still in my cab, I don't remember seeing the
small pads. The white stuff is still there, as you can see on the pic
I posted before.

Is that pic you linked of your cab ?

Op 12-aug-2007, om 10:25 heeft Brent het volgende geschreven:

> Anybody know what the material is behind the Amplifone deflection
> and HV boards are in a cab? I'm talking about the white padding or
> whatever it is that is mounted under the boards. I've seen it in
> several pics of Star Wars Cockpits, and I am in need of some. What
> is it and where to get it? Is it even needed?
>
> I have a pic of it here:
>
> http://www.brentradio.com/images/PicsOfBuild/phto0088.jpg
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brent