weird 6100 problem..

From: andre <livnfree_can_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Nov 08 2007 - 20:37:11 EST

Fixing about 3 sets of deflections and HV units for a
friend..got them all done and decide I better do all
my parts. Everything was fixed and working except for
a deflection which had all the parts for an LV
removed. Got the parts from Digikey and re-populated
it. 2 of the 4 large diodes in the front were bad so
replaced those. All electro caps were changed out, all
other diodes and transistors checked ok.

When I first hooked it up the spot killer was on,
flickered, then went off and I could hear chatter..but
no picture for a couple seconds, until spot killer
came back on. SO I pulled it out, re-soldered all
connector pins and anything else that looked suspect,
and put it back on.

This time it came up like normal and I thought I was
finally done with these.. But it has something I have
never seen before... Tempest is on the monitor..and on
the right side, about 1/3 of the screen, the vectors
are not lines, but waves..like a sine wave but pretty
tight, and not moving. Of course any words in that
area are garbled..looks kinda cool, but would like to
straighten it out!

Any idea what this is? most of what I can check seems
to be working...and HV is re-capped, many new metal
film resistors, diodes..etc and is verified as working
with other deflections.