strange Quantum behavior

From: Joe Magiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Mon Dec 24 2007 - 13:51:58 EST

This just starting happening regularly on my Quantum. When playing 2
player, after a few levels, the game seems to lose track of which is player
1 and player 2. Just yesterday, I was showing someone how to play the game
and I wanted to show them what happens at the higher levels; when a line is
drawn between some of the dots and if it turns red you can't cross it. So
he started at level 1 and I started at the highest level. After playing his
turn, I played a few levels on mine and got to level 11 or so. When it went
back to his turn, still on level one, it was showing dots with lines between
them. Then when he died, it showed me, with my higher up score, but on a
level that looked like the first level.

When this happened a few weeks ago for the first time, I thought I was
seeing things. But now its happening regularly enough that clearly
something crazy is going on.

Does anyone have any ideas? The game seems to play fine, and score fine,
but just loses track and switches the levels each player is on.

Thanks,

Joe

joemagiera@ameritech.net