Re: Few Space Duel/Gravitar questions.

From: Cameron Rector <crector_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Mon May 05 2008 - 23:15:58 EDT

I have a manual and I think some diagrams for Gravitar. My Gravitar machine had bad EPROM's and was missing a power supply (power brick). I was able to reprogram a set of new EPROM's and fixed up a power supply. I didn't have any problems with the audio but if you think I may have some information that might help, let me know.

  Cameron

andre <livnfree_can@yahoo.com> wrote:
  I have 3 Space Duel boards, with 3 issues..

pcb 1) Has no life.. the -28 volt pin only reads about
half of that.. The 555 is new and both diodes beside
it test fine. There isn't much else in this circuit..
the electrolytics are new as well.. Any idea on what
else could cause the low reading? Can I replace the
100 volt, type 100 or whatever they call it diode with
a 4xxx series?

pcb 2) Has no life. The first eprom pulses fine, but
none of the other ones have any pulses on the pins. I
replaced the 244 immediately after the processor and
that did nothing. Even if the eproms were bad, it
would still pulse correct? (I am sure they are ok
though) What would cause only all the eproms after the
first one to be dead? The connections are fine as I
traced the pins for continuity..

pcb 3) This board seems to work fine.. but the objects
flying around, or even your ships, sometimes shifts up
and down very slightly..but nothing else. I know on a
Star Wars a bad prom can cause only 'certain' vectors
to flake out while not affecting the rest, but on a
Space Duel what would cause that?

And one Gravitar...

This one is pretty odd.. the pcb works fine.. Only
issue is if you shoot one of the red flying craft on a
planet, or tractor fuel, the sound for the reactor
(that you shoot in the reactor planet) will play
forever until you die or leave planet. The tractor
beam sound is there..but not the beeping of the fuel
you are picking up.. If you explode, there is no
explosion sound..but everything else explodes fine.
Self test shows nothing wrong and both pokeys were
swapped out.. and nothing.. any ideas?

Thanks in advance.