Re: TEMPEST update

From: <vernimark_at_vernimark.com>
Date: Mon Jun 09 2008 - 21:19:39 EDT

Hi,
Following Roger suggestions I did new experiments.
turning focus pot clockwise I've the right focus but
brighteness drop down in few seconds, then if I turn focus
pot counterclockwise screen loses the focus but the
brighteness grow up.
in order to have the right focus, i have to turn clockwise
the focus pot near the end of its run.
:(
What can I test in order to understand which component
doesn't work in the right way?

Thank you,
Marco

PS Colin, did you receive my email about G05?

vernimark@vernimark.com wrote:
> Hi all,
> I tested HV with my HW probe and I can understand that HV
> goes from 19.5 to 20.1 kv. when HV reach 20.1 then the
> screen become dark.
>
> Is it normal that during normal operation I've a range
(19.5
> - 20.1 Kv) so large?

Seems like a reasonable range to me. The voltage is going
up because
you're loosing brightness, not the other way around.

You're loosing brightness because, most likely, the screen
supply from
the screen/G2 pot is dropping OR grid 1 is drifting negative
due to a
bad connection.