Re: Cosmic Chasm parts sourcing?

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_enteract.com>
Date: Sat Jul 19 2008 - 22:24:31 EDT

Hi all,

Here's my notes from when I had my Cosmic Chasm:

The original encoder from Cosmic Chasm is PC66D-256-5. Viper and Danger
Zone, two other games from Cinematronics, use the PC62D-256-5 encoders (two
apiece). These work as great replacements. I think I found the original at
one point and it was like $169 or something crazy like that.

I found the source for the knob a few years ago (2001)
The knob is made by TYCO, part is:
KN1751A1/4

I can't remember if this is the part number with or without the indicator
line (my original had the indicator line, but I preferred the clean look
instead). I remember they had both types; just don't remember what the part
number for the other is. It was like $10.