Re: Spinner Replacement for Omega Race

From: Ed Henciak <ehenciak_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Aug 01 2008 - 18:46:29 EDT

"What would you say is I suggested using a completely different type of
sensor? "

I'm all ears :-)!!!!! I've never given much thought to Star Wars controls until your
project came up on this list (as a result, count me as a customer :) ). I'd love to
make a reliable solution that loses those filthy pots & gears. I am at work right now
and don't have a yoke handy to detail anything immediately, but I have an extra laying around @ home....I could lend you one.
Just PM me your address :)! Would you mind if it didn't have handles though? It's missing
some pieces, but the overall assembly "works" mechanically if you know what I mean.

Spy Hunter is another one....especially that pot in the gas pedal that seems to get gummed up
no matter how new it is.

I design PLDs/FPGAs for a living BTW....they're frustrating, but fun. While my primary focus is
on image processing, I've been sidetracked with a bunch of smaller jobs involving embedded
systems-on-a-chip. I also have some pest bugging me for an LCD controller I promised
months ago :-)! At any rate, if you ever have any other questions about programmable logic
in general, please feel free to PM me.

Ed