Re: 8-pin ZIF DIP socket - anywhere?

From: William Boucher <boucher_at_mnsi.net>
Date: Thu Sep 11 2008 - 18:54:25 EDT

You can also make an extender by plugging a bunch of DIP sockets into each
other. This works best if they have the machined pins, not leaf. The
smallest ZIF socket I've ever seen is 14 pins. With that one, it was a
green Textool model and there was a rib separating it into a DIP6 and a DIP8
section. It's easy to ignore the DIP6 area or even block it off.

This site has an extensive assortment of custom adapters. You might
actually find an 8-pin LIF or ZIF there. I have purchased from there before
and the product is excellent.
http://www.emulation.com/

William Boucher