Re: Tempest - Nearly there but still some issues - part 2 !!

From: Colin Davies <colin.w.davies_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Sat Sep 20 2008 - 15:58:18 EDT

Thanks John.

A few hours ago tried out the signature calculator software on there.... and it kindly gave me some nice data (pasted below under my sig)...... I've not tried out the Fide software yet, but this is my next plan.... The fluke 9010a I'm using has not got RS-232, but I have another one that has just arrived, so plan to hook this up.......

I managed to get some analogue multipliers MC1495 from my Friend just a few miles away in Liverpool (Thanks Kev/Outrun !) - Fitted them and now I have full x + y deflection on the output test points... Yey :-)

I plugged in the monitor for the first time ( this was aquired a few months ago and it had a known fault) and getting a display... BUT something is breaking down in the chassis, and its sucking some of the vectors up into the middle of the screen !! (Looks fine on the XY scope !!)

I'm thinking I have a HV board fault... I can hear what sounds like HV tracking (not the deflection chatter) - I took this picture....

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/uploads/ColinD/2008-09-20_203630_tp4.jpg

I cant leave it on for long as the phosphor will burn... I think I'll try another HV unit... and if not.. start trouble shooting the deflection with the brighness turned down too when testing !!

Any ideas please ?

Thanks, Regards, Colin ( PS... sorry for all the traffic on this list... I'm ill with a chest infection and stuck in the house, so I'm putting this idle time to good use !! - I'm learning a LOT too )

Sigs below.....
C:\tempest>calcsignature c:\tempest *.*

Calculate Signature v1.0
   Copyright 2004