Omega Race

From: <mike.ranger_at_arcelormittal.com>
Date: Thu Oct 16 2008 - 07:53:10 EDT

While on the subject of Omega Race (nice work Bill, btw).... I decided
to take a crack at my pile-o-omega race boards. For the longest time,
I've tended to specialize in a specific board set repair. First
williams, then Pac's, so I'm going to try another, Omega Race.

Leaving the acid damage issue aside for now, what do you all figure is
the best way to bench test these things? I have my OR mini beside my
bench, and a little power cable to extend the power harness to my bench
(thanks Paul). My OR min works, btw, these are spare boards.

Can I, or should I be testing the main board with the sound/io board
off? I'm only starting to study the schematics and have not delved into
the interconnect of the two boards.

I'm starting with a boardset that is watchdoggin'

Fluke 9010a says I can read and write all ram (I'm a novice at the
fluke btw)

Haven't bothered hooking the scope to the xy outputs yet, want to get
the cpu happy first.

So any general methods anybody uses to start looking at these things?

Mike