RE: CRT tint masks

From: Chris Brooks <armis_at_pcdochouston.com>
Date: Thu Feb 05 2009 - 06:01:27 EST

I've used gels for lighting, and they don't really melt/set like that. They
are designed to stand up to the heat.

At one extreme, I used some to try to tint a halogen lamp, and not even 5
minutes in, the dye was noticeably lighter - the gel was still the same
flexible material when I started.

I think you would be better off getting some tinted acrylic or plexi,
heating it up in your oven then quickly laying it over a tube face.

Thanks,

Chris Brooks