Re: Z80 In Circuit Emulation

From: Colin Davies <colin.w.davies_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Thu Feb 05 2009 - 14:22:58 EST

That looks really good !! - I'd love to make somthing along those lines but
don't have enough know-how / spare time !!!

The Gls1 thing uses a PC with a Digital I/O card to exercise the lines...

For Fluke like operation, you would have to write custom patterns to the
memory repeatedly to determine tricky faults like tied lines and stuff...
looks like you communicate with the this z80 emulator via a terminal
program, so should be fairly easy to implement something with a GUI / Rom
checking etc, but might be slower than the fluke.... Also the Fluke pods
have some buffering/protection to some extent at least.... Still this unit
looks like fun and certainly worth experimenting with....

Regards, Colin