Re: A/R II voltage running up

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Mon Mar 23 2009 - 09:16:47 EDT

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009, Kirk Spradling wrote:

> How do you calibrate a DMM? Oh well, at least I learned something... New

Back around 1988 I built a Heathkit DMM (that I believe was a kit version of
a Fluke, at least that was widely believed at the time). The calibration
method involved a 9V battery, a zener diode, and a calibration pot on the
DMM.

Really what you need is a known precise voltage source. The zener and
battery gives a known voltage, which you set the DMM to.

This is still my main DMM today.