Re: Cinematronics CCPU on Xilinx FPGA

From: Ed Henciak <ehenciak_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Apr 07 2009 - 01:15:32 EDT

I don't know Neil...I don't know. It's freaky when they speak in tongues over LCDs though. I mean, I named my cat after an Atari sound chip, but calling an LCD "Precious"... some evaluation is required :-)! Since my computer is now wiped of everything but Quartus and Libero, I am now doomed as my simulator is gone :-(.

On a more serious note, is it OK to post a zip file with my CCPU code? I assure you that it is mine :-)! I completely forget the protocol for Vectorlist when it comes to binaries. The zip file will be tiny as it is only two text files...plus a few people can see a somewhat larger VHDL project.

I just want to finish this once and for all :-)! The Spartan 6s are due out in July and I think we can make a kick-ass, low cost little vector system with the CCPU as the impetus to getting this damn thing off my plate :-)!!! If people want a CCPU only, then a cheap Actel or Xilinx or Alterror part will be fine (I actually am fed up with Xilinx more than Altera these days).

Ed