Another CCPU HDL model appears.

From: Jason Sullivan <jason0x21_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Apr 15 2009 - 19:12:26 EDT

Hi folks! After talking to Zonn and looking through the archives,
this will probably sound like a familiar message.

I've been working the past little while or so on a Verilog HDL model
of the Cinematronics CPU. Started with the Armor Attack schematics
and Zonn's simulator and I've gotten to the point where instructions
are being decoded correctly and I'm close to getting the sequencer
working (which I know sounds strange, but trust me it makes sense.
Still wrestling with a reset problem), so I figured I'd ask Zonn a few
direct questions and ended up checking out the list to find that y'all
are a couple of weeks ahead of me (which I guess is good, since I'm
usually years behind on things like this) :-).

A few toolset stats: I'm doing this all on Linux, so so far I'm using
Verilog, the Icarus Verilog synthesizer/simulator, and GTK wave. I
haven't gotten to the point where I'm looking for vectors yet, but I
think I'm pretty close, and I'm still hand coding test cases. I
haven't done a gate estimate, but I'm betting it's not going to take
up much space at all.

So, my question to you folks is this: Is there room for two of these?
Does that even make sense? Would you like my help on your current one,
Chris (I don't really know VHDL, though)? I'm more interested in
making a drop-in replacement board for the arcade machines, rather
than a vector to vga thing simply because I started this with the
intent of keeping the vector machines going.

Alright, back to prodding the sequencer.

--
Jason Sullivan
jason0x21@gmail.com