cinematronics monitors

From: andre <livnfree_can_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun May 31 2009 - 13:42:48 EDT

Got my first 2 cine games.. a Star Castle and an Armor Attack. Both had extremely dim monitors even though cranked up full on the brightness. I swapped in a different crt on the AA (start on that one first) and got the brightness back. But vectors were very out of focus. So I slowly turned down the brightness until the bright vectors are clear and in focus.. trouble is, at that point all the low intensity vectors are too dim to be seen. I get a 'sorta' happy medium where I can see the low ones, but the bright vectors are not crisp enough for my liking. is this the way these always are or should I try a new crt? The crt I just tried out is another used AA one.