Re: SEGA to Amplifone converter

From: Douglas Gauck <douglas_at_gauck.com>
Date: Fri Jul 17 2009 - 00:59:52 EDT

So as it pertains to this discussion, an Amplifone and a WG6100 will
perform the same? I'd filed a mental note that the Amplifone was
'faster' than the WG6100 which is why I asked the question. But as
they use the same voltage supply and similar yoke impedance, I'm now
thinking it's not speed but rather the better (medium) resolution that
makes me think of the Amplifone as superior. Does the tube's
deflection angle affect its speed?

Full disclosure: my grand scheme was to build a 25" Amplifone and see
it if would fit in a Star Trek sitdown. Then we're back to a 100
degree tube and the yoke from a WG6100....

-Douglas